Sunday, September 23, 2012

Review: Finding Nemo 3D Is Astonishing


Well, it's been a week since I headed over to the theater to check out the latest Pixar 3D re-release, so I'd say it's time to post my review.

Where do I begin? I was very, very excited to see Finding Nemo 3D from the moment it was announced; the film remains to this day one of my favorite movies of all time, so getting the chance to experience it in theaters once again more than nine years after its initial release was a dream come true for me. If it hadn't been flawlessly converted into 3D, I would have paid the price of admission nonetheless. There's just something special about going to see a movie on the big screen. Especially when that movie is a true masterpiece.

The films remains the exact same classic that was released almost a decade ago; same story, characters, and touching message. One of the major highlights of Nemo has always been the characters that carry the story. Every single one of them in endearing and funny in their own way; you love them from the start and root for them immensely until the very end. They make for a very entertaining film, and you can't help but smile when you see them on screen. Finding Nemo also packs quite the emotional punch, as many of Pixar's films do. Despite the fact that I've seen the film countless times before, I found myself on the verge of tears watching it last week. This movie is more than just a cute little fish story, a lot more.


Finding Nemo truly is the perfect film for the 3D format. It really is. It has everything a 3D movie should have, and it uses 3D very effectively, without ever exaggerating it in a way that it becomes annoyingly distracting (Monsters vs. Aliens comes to mind). After ten minutes or so, you'll have become oblivious to everything around you because you'll be so ridiculously immersed in both the gorgeous underwater world of the film and its story. The characters are right there in front of you, and you follow them on this unbelievable journey that becomes even more more unbelievable after you encounter three vegan sharks, a vicious anglerfish, a school of impressionist moonfish, a forest of jellyfish, a surfer-dude sea turtle, and a majestic blue whale. There is a sense of depth throughout the entire film, giving the magnificent illusion that you really are in this beautiful aquatic world. You can see all these little particles peacefully floating around in the water, and it makes the experience all the more magical. Bottom line, Finding Nemo is the film to see in 3D. So if you haven't already gone and seen it, hurry up and get your butt to the theater.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're hesitating on whether or not you should spend money on going to the theater to see a film that you've probably already seen a million times before, don't. Finding Nemo 3D is worth every penny, and I am dead serious. It is easily the best film I have ever seen in 3D, and heck, even without the 3D it's an insanely beautiful film with an insanely beautiful story. Plus, you'll even get to see the new short Partysaurus Rex, which is an absolute blast (stay tuned for a review).

So I'll leave it at this: go see Finding Nemo 3D, you will not regret it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, as a future SeaWorld orca trainer (as well as a Pixar geek) I love Finding Nemo!